We are recruiting two Footpath Trainees! Here’s all the details, and get in touch if you have any further questions.
Post title : Trainee Footpath Worker
Location : Brodick, Isle of Arran
Contract Type: Fixed term – 1 year. January to December 2016, 37 hours per week.
Reporting to: Footpath Team Leader
Salary and Entitlement: Under 21 £5.50 per hour/£10,582 per annun, Over 21 £6.75 per hour/ £12,987 per annum. 20 days leave plus statutory holidays (9 days). No overtime available.
Purpose of the Role
To work under the direction of the Footpath Team Leader and undertake practical footpath work to deliver improved management of the Arran Coastal Way.
Scope of the Role
- Undertake practical footpath work under the direction of the Footpath Team Leader
- Undergo training both ‘on the job’ and by attending appropriate training courses
- Take part in vocational training
- Undertake any other reasonably required duties as instructed by the Footpath Team Leader or Project Coordinator
- Work alongside contractors and Arran Coastal Way Volunteers
Skills and Attributes of the Post Holders
This post is aimed at those with no or few formal qualifications in pathworks, groundworks, forestry or similar fields, who want to gain employment in this area after their one year trainee post is finished.
- Desire to learn and improve practical skills
- Ability to work in a small team
- A practical aptitude and willingness to learn and undertake training
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Enthusiasm for the ‘outdoors’
- Communication skills
- Competence in the use of hand tools
- Some knowledge of countryside skills
- An interest in the environment
- Full drivers licence – Category B, C1 and E
- Awareness of health and safety and environmental legislation
- Knowledge of Arran
Interested applicants should apply with a CV and covering letter either by email or by post (both not necessary) to Rachel Sedman, Arran Access Trust, Forest Office, Auchrannie Road, Brodick KA27 8BZ, or email email@example.com
All applications will be acknowledged by email (if given) or by phone.
Closing date for applications : Thursday 10th December 2015
Interviews: week commencing 14th December 2015
Our project is supported by the following funders: Coastal Communities Fund, Arran Access Trust, North Ayrshire Council, Forestry Commission Scotland and Arran Trust.