The Arran Coastal Way project was planned to be a 2 year programme of route improvements as well as signage and marketing updates. However, thanks to an invitation to apply for additonal funds from our main funder – Coastal Communities Fund – we have been offered more grant money to take our project up to December 2016 (an extra 8 months).
We are delighted with the news and are glad we can now complete some other areas of development that have come to light since our project started.
The extra funds will enable us to:
– offer two more 1-year trainee footpath worker positions
– create a new coastal footpath from Cordon to Kingscross, to avoid the inland detour
– partner with other groups to improve Fisherman’s Walk footpath (Brodick)
– work with others to improve tourism opportunities for wildlife watching (new materials and events)
– continue to make improvements and upgrades to the Coastal Way as a whole.
More details of our plans will be available soon, but in the meantime, see our other news post for the job advert and description for the trainee positions.